Site resides upon servers located in the United States of America. If you are located outside the
Information We Collect On the Site and How We Use It
can visit the Site and learn about the services we provide without providing
personal information. You do need to
provide personal information, however, to sell or bid on Items, and to
participate in our user forums and other interactive portions of the
Site. In addition, certain personal
information and non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, may
be collected automatically by us and our advertisers. Please read carefully below to understand
your choices in this regard.
1. Registration and Transaction Information. The Site's registration process requires users to provide us valid and accurate contact information including name, address, phone number, birth date and email address (collectively, “Registration Information”). For fraud prevention purposes, users electing to provide as their sole email contact an email address from a free email service provider (such as Yahoo!® Mail, Google® Gmail, or Hotmail®) are required to enter credit card information at the time of registration, and the card is verified by authorizing a small amount through the credit card processing networks.
In certain circumstances your registration information may be verified through so-called “credit header” information. You may be required to answer a multiple-choice questionnaire compiled from information managed by consumer and business information sources. These questions can include elements from your financial history. This is done as an identity verification and fraud prevention measure. Because this verification service is provided by a third party, we do not collect or store any personal information from this process, other than the fact that your name and address were or were not verified.
We collect certain information submitted during transactions on the Site based on your activities, including all purchases, as well as shipping and billing information, and other information you provide in connection with buying or shipping an item (collectively, “Transaction Information”). We may also collect certain personal information that you provide through message board discussions, chats, correspondence or dispute resolution.
In addition to the General Purposes, Registration Information, Transaction Information and other personal information that you provide may be used in the following ways:
Please see “Communications From the Site and Your Choices” below for information on controlling communications from us.
2. Financial Information. If you list Items on the Site, we collect financial information including bank account and/or credit card number, expiration date, card security code and billing address. As noted under “Registration and Transaction Information” above, we also collect credit card information from those who register using an email address from a free email provider such as Yahoo!™ Mail or Hotmail™ or Google’s Gmail. In addition to the General Purposes, Financial information is used to bill you for transactions you carry out on the Site and to collect on fees and debts incurred through the use of the Site. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your Registration and Transaction Information (including financial information) may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We share financial information with non-affiliated third parties to facilitate the completion of transactions on the Site as specified above, to respond to subpoenas, for other legal compliance purposes, and for billing and collections.
3. Contests and Surveys. If you decide to enter contests or surveys featured from time to time on the Site, you may be asked for personal information in addition to your Registration Information. In addition to the General Purposes, this information is used in order to administer the contest or survey (for example, to contact the winner) or as otherwise disclosed on the Site at the time we collect the information.
4. Information Requests. We may ask you to provide personal information in order to allow us to respond to your requests for information or other requests made over the Site.
5. Social Media. We may collect your user name and other information you transmit to us over social media platforms such as Facebook® or Twitter® when you interact with AquaDeals.com’s specific page or social media account. In addition to the General Purposes, we use the information you provide on social media to respond to your requests or questions, to improve our services, and for other purposes as disclosed at the time of the interaction.
6. Emails from AquaDeals.com. Any email messages generated by the Site result directly from the user's actions (such as Registration Information, or Transaction Information such as a purchase of an Item, or your choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the Site or events related to the Site, or changes to the Site rules or policies. Users may opt-out of receiving many future mailings; see the section below entitled “Communications from the Site and Your Choices.”
Emails from our Site may contain web beacons or “clear .gifs.” These are small graphic images that can be used for recording when an email has been opened in order to track the performance of email marketing campaigns. We and our third party service providers currently log responses from web beacons, which information may be stored or linked to your personal information in our systems.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to post on the Site or use the Site as a buyer or seller, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Site. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third party advertisers may – see below under “Banner Advertising”)
9. Website Analytics. In addition, we may contract with third parties such as Google Analytics, OpenX and Lotame to better help us operate the Site, report Site traffic, statistics and other activities on the Site, specifically including the success of advertising campaigns conducted on the Site, By placing cookies on your computer, these services collect information such as how often you visit the Sites, what pages you visit or what banners you “click through,” and the site you were visiting prior to coming to the Site during your visit. You can learn more about the processes used by each of these services by visiting the pages listed below:
OpenX: Disclosures are located at http://openx.com/legal/openx-software-privacy-principles/.
10. Mobile Devices
In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
If you utilize any of the location-based services in our mobile applications, such as the functionality that allows you to search for a participating FFL in your area, we and our third-party service providers may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. In addition to the General Purposes, we use such information to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information and non-personal information collected at the Site with both non-affiliated third parties, as well as with our affiliated companies, for various purposes including for marketing purposes. Please see below under “Communications from the Site and Your Choices” to understand how you may exercise choices with regard to these activities, and, for California residents, “Your California Privacy Rights” to understand how you may exercise rights under California law to find out about our practices in this regard.
Contractors. We hire contractors to provide certain services on our behalf, including trend and statistical analysis, information processing and storage, and development of new products and services. As part of their services to us, these contractors may have access to some or all of the data that we maintain, including transaction data and your personal information, but they are always required to maintain the confidentiality of information they receive from us and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than those authorized by us.
Aggregate Information. There are no limitations on our use of aggregate information, or information that is derived from personal information but that does not identify any particular individual. We may collect, store and share this aggregate information (such as purchases, sales, traffic patterns or related information) with third parties, including for our and such third parties’ marketing purposes.
Your Choices with Respect to the Site
1. Email Messages from Us. The Site sends three types of email communications: (1) notifications related to transaction activity on the Site, and (2) newsletters and promotional email messages, which may be from us, from one of our affiliates, or from third parties.
(1) Transactional Activity. Notifications related to transactional activity on the Site are generated as a result or registering as a user of the Site or purchasing Items. These notifications can include purchase confirmations, billing messages, and other notifications related to activity on the Site. You cannot opt out of receiving notifications related to transactional activity; however, if you do not purchase any Items and your account balance is zero you will not receive any such notifications from the Site.
We may send our users certain notices, such as notices of a substantial change in the policies and/or operation of the Site. These notices are sent infrequently and cannot be opted out of other than by closing your account with us.
(2) Promotional Messages. Newsletters and promotional email messages may be generated from your Registration Information or other personal information submitted to the Site, but you may choose to opt out of any such messages. Promotional messages may be from us, from our affiliates, or from unrelated third parties. In order to discontinue receiving such messages, you may either enter your preferences in the “My Account” section of the Site, or you may send an opt-out request to the email address identified in an email from any such sender. Please note that sending an opt-out request to us will not result in discontinuation of messages from a third party or an affiliate. If you wish to discontinue receipt of any promotional emails originating at the Site, please check “no” under each option under “My Account” on the Site.
2. Cookies and Third Party Tracking. As noted above under “Website Analytics” and below under “Banner Advertising,” we contract with third party service providers and advertising companies who provide us information on the use of the Sites by visitors and the success of our advertising campaigns. As described in those sections, you may visit certain designated Web sites in order to opt out of tracking of your activities on the Sites and other Web sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us and certain of our affiliates to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to caprivacy@AquaDeals.com or write us at 499 Running Pump Road, Suite 109, Lancaster, PA 17603.
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use the Site.
For Persons Outside the United States
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When you submit sensitive information via our Sites, such as credit card information, that information is subject to secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), log out of your account after use, and close your web browser. If you do share your password or personal information with anyone, you are responsible for all actions taken in your account’s name. If you lose control of your password, you may lose considerable control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Because of this, if the security of your password has been compromised in any way, you are responsible for immediately notifying us and for changing your password.
You can review your personal information by logging into our Site, and you should act to update it promptly upon changes in your personal information or to correct any errors in it. You might not be able to alter or delete a public posting once you make it. At your request, we will close your account and make your personal information not publicly viewable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
You may review, update and modify your Registration Information by logging in and visiting My AquaDeals/ My Account on the Site. You may also change your communications preferences by visiting MyAquaDeals / Preferences in order to unsubscribe from or opt in to certain email communications from the Site.
If you have any concern about the privacy practices of the Site, please contact us at following address with a detailed description, and we will try to resolve it.
Running Pump Road, Suite 109, Lancaster, PA
You can Contact Customer Support
Effective Date: August 1, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Outdoor Liquidators.com, LLC